Brief profile of the Chief Functionary:
Dr. Amarjyoti Kashyap is an environment and solid waste management scientist who is the founder & chief functionary of ENVIRON.
He was in teaching profession in the Department of Environmental Science under the Gauhati Univarsity for 10 years. He completed PhD research work in Environmental Science (Solid Waste Management) from Gauhati University. He has participated in different National and International seminars and workshops and presented and published papers, seven (7) in National Seminars, four (4) in International Seminars and also published three (3) research papers in the National Journal. He has invented different components to promote “Waste Management and Organic Farming” and accordingly received some prestigious awards.
His innovations are:
- “Waste Assimilator”, a simplified technology for the management of daily generated household and community biodegradable solid waste with continuous collection system of ‘organic manure cum bio-pest repellent’ in the form of ‘Microbial Wash’, ‘Vermi Wash’ and finally ‘Vermicompost’.
- “Money Earning Litterbin” for the source segregation of plastic waste.
- “Plastic Craft” for source reduction of daily generated plastic waste.
- “Seuj Bahan” a specially designed chambered ‘Tricycle’ for the source collection of non-biodegradable solid waste including ‘plastic carry bags’, ‘plastic bottle’, ‘glass bottle’ etc. for recycling.
- Due to the invention of “Waste Assimilator”, received Millennium Alliance Innovation Award (Round-4) under the segment of Water and Sanitation in 2017
- Due to the invention of “Money earning litterbin” and “Household plastic craft” and its practical implementation, received National Level ‘3R excellence Award’ from the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Govt. of India in 2018
- Due to the invention of “Waste Assimilator”, awarded as the finalist and selected among the top five ‘Innovators of Water and Sanitation’ in the Mahatma Gandhi International Sanitation Convention, 2018
- Received Krishna Kanta Handiqui University National Fellowship, 2019 due to the outstanding contribution towards Solid Waste Management
- Prof. Sarbeswar Kalita, Head, Department of Environmental Science, Gauhati University.
- Prof. Jatin Kalita, Department of Zoology, Gauhati University.
- Prof. Abhik Gupta, Dept. of Ecology & Environmental Science, Assam (Central) University.
- Prof. Chandan Kr. Sarma, Professor, Dept. of Sociology, Tezpur (Central) University, Assam.
- Dr. Simanta Kalita, Regional Programme Coordinator, CEE North East India.
- Mr. Chinmoy Sharma, Managing Director, North East Green Tech. Pvt. Ltd.
|Name||Educational qualification||Contact details|
|DIVISION: Natural Resource, Solid & Liquid Waste Resource Management|
Dr. Amarjyoti Kashyap
|Ph.D. in Environmental Science (Solid Waste Management)||Mobile : +91-98640 -17436
|DIVISION: Water, Sanitation and Health|
Dr. Pranab Ranjan Nath
|MBBS, MPH (Master in Public Health)||
|DIVISION: Wildlife Management and Biodiversity Conservation|
Dr. Kripaljyoti Mazumdar
|PhD in Ecology & Environmental Science, Assam (Central) University||Mobile : +91-9436633121
|DIVISION: Community Development|
Dr. (Mrs.) Ruli Borthakur
|Ph.D. in Zoology||Mobile: +91-98647 -55826